Last Updated on September, 2023
Crocs are shoes that have recently gained so much attention for the fantastic comfort and convenience they offer. For most people, it is like a trendy go-to shoe choice. And the wonderful features are making them popular among people with diabetes too.
Crocs are open shoes that are loose and spacious with 13 holes on the upper to allow ventilation for breathability. Developed initially as boating shoes, crocs offer good arch support with cushioned insoles delivering excellent comfort and pain relief. These features positively contribute to and benefit several foot-related issues.
And this review is focused on seven crocs that we’ve shortlisted to be the best crocs for Diabetics. And the included brief buying guide will guide you in picking the right pair for you.
- Top 7 Best Crocs for Diabetics
- 1. Bistro Pro Literide™ Clog (Best for Men)
- 2. Women’s Neria Pro II Literide™ Clog (Best for Women)
- 3. Baya Lined All Seasons Crocs (For Diabetic Sensitive Feet)
- 4. Men’s & Women’s Literide 360 Marbled Pacer (Croc Sneakers for Diabetics)
- 5. Classic Cozzzy Sandal
- 6. Crocs Classic Unisex Slide Sandal
- 7. Crocs Unisex-Adult Literide 360 Clogs
- Benefits of Wearing Crocs
- Certified By the Us Ergonomic Council and the APMA
- Wide Toe Area
- Arch Support
- Crocs Croslite Material
- Foam Clogs are Lightweight
- Easy to Clean
- Are Crocs Good for People With Diabetes?
- Crocs for Diabetic Feet: What Do Podiatrists Say?
- Choosing Crocs Suitable for Diabetics
- Choose Fully Enclosed Uppers Over Classic Holes
- Choose Heel Straps Over Strapless
- Choose Literide Removable Insoles Over Non-Removable Insoles
- Choose Roomy and Wider Crocs Over Narrow Ones
- Choose an Outsole With Anti-Slip Threads
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Use Custom Orthotics in Crocs?
- Do Crocs Have Arch Support?
- Are Crocs Suitable if You Have Diabetes?
- Final Thoughts
- Was this article helpful?
Top 7 Best Crocs for Diabetics
1. Bistro Pro Literide™ Clog (Best for Men)
Specifically picked as the best for men, we have the Bistro pro-literide clogs that serve up some serious comfort. They are available in standard white and black colors.
The Bistro Pro comes with the next generation super literide foam insoles that are super soft, incredibly lightweight and extraordinarily resilient. Emphasis on the adjectives.
These Crocs feature lock slip-resistant treads on the outsole. It provides traction to increase the safety of use on various surfaces and helps reduce the risk of falls.
These Crocs have a fully molded enclosed toe design with a thicker metatarsal area that will protect your foot from spills.
- Revolutionary Literide™ foam provides sink-in softness and innovative comfort
- ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified
- Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
- Crocs lock ™ slip-resistant tread
- Fully molded and easy to clean with soap and water
- The enclosed design with thick metatarsal protects feet from spills
2. Women’s Neria Pro II Literide™ Clog (Best for Women)
Specifically keeping style in mind we decided on the Women’s Neria Pro II Literide™ clog as the best for women.
Just like the Bistro Pro Literide, these Crocs feature the next-generation Literide foam insoles to deliver superior comfort while maintaining a lightweight and resilient nature. The enhanced arch support adds more life to the existing comfort.
Featuring a removable and washable footbed liner, these crocs have enclosed toes and heels designed to meet workplace standards while giving a relaxed fit.
The extra space at the back of the heels allows easy on and off.
The Crocs lock slip-resistant treads on the outsoles ensure stability in movement, even on slick surfaces.
- ASTM F2913 tested, CE Certified
- Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
- Next generation literide™ foam insoles and enhanced arch support provide ultimate comfort
- Enclosed toe and heel design keeps feet protected from all around and meets workplace standards
- Crocs Lock™ slip-resistant tread
- A relaxed fit with room at the heels allows easy slip-on and off
- Fully molded and easy to clean with soap and water
- The Literide™ is revolutionary in providing sink-in softness and innovative comfort
3. Baya Lined All Seasons Crocs (For Diabetic Sensitive Feet)
The Baya-lined crocs are available in four colors for both men and women.
These Crocs combine a plush fleece lining into the interior. This keeps your toes toasty warm and comfortable, especially during cold weather. And the Croslite foam construction adds to the comfort and cushioning of the crocs.
The pivoting back straps allow a more secure fit, and these crocs are customizable using jibbitz charms.
The fantastic comfort and protection it offers, along with the additional fleece lining, make it ideal for sensitive diabetic feet.
- Croslite™ foam construction for comfort and cushioning
- The soft, plush lining keeps your feet cuddled in warmth and comfort
- Pivoting heel straps for a more secure fit
- Dual crocs comfort delivers blissful support and soft, cradling comfort
4. Men’s & Women’s Literide 360 Marbled Pacer (Croc Sneakers for Diabetics)
The Literide 360 Marbled pacer is available in both men’s and women’s versions.
These crocs are athletically inspired and designed as innovative and dynamic sneakers, making them a perfect on-the-go lifestyle choice.
These crocs sneakers have a marbled effect on the exterior, making them completely unique, and no two shoes are alike.
These crocs feature 360 degrees of plush Literide foam footbed that is super soft, amazingly lightweight and durable to deliver ultimate support and cushion.
The molded Matlite upper featuring perforation patterns mimics the flexibility of a knit fabric to offer supreme breathability and flexibility to sync with your feet’s motion. These crocs are also pressure and heat mapped to the foot to support and improve breathability.
The rubber outsole provides plenty of traction and adds to the durability. The world-class comfort and styling offered by the 360 pacers will have you and your diabetic feet feeling sensational and stylish wherever you choose to wear them.
- Dynamic, breathable Matlite motion uppers match your natural foot motion
- Revolutionary Literide provides innovative comfort and sink-in softness
- 360 degrees of the Literide foam underfoot offers exceptional comfort
- Heat and pressure mapped to the foot to enhance support
- The rubber outsoles provide better grip and durability.
5. Classic Cozzzy Sandal
The classic cozzzy crocs are open sandals with a soft, cozy, and fuzzy lining for comfort. The heightened outsoles and the upper two straps enhance foot security while allowing easy slip-on.
This makes it a perfect on-the-go sandal because you don’t need to worry about any laces, velcro or snap closures.
The Croslite foam footbed provides lasting comfort, and the seven holes on the straps are customizable using jibbitz charms to add a touch of “you’ to it.
Even with all these features, the construction keeps it lightweight and fun to wear.
Oh! And they come in some super vibrant colors for a chic style.
- Croslite foam footbed delivers lasting comfort while keeping it light
- Style forward heightened outsoles support your heels
- The soft and fuzzy lining gives your feet a warm hug while keeping them comfortable
- The two-strap upper allows easy slide-in for ease of use
- Provides iconic crocs comfort: lightweight, flexible and 360-degree comfort
- Customizable with jibbitz charms
6. Crocs Classic Unisex Slide Sandal
The unisex platform slides from crocs have a classic styled slip-on design to make it easy on purpose.
Maintaining a simple style, these crocs have a slight height and a straightforward form.
These crocs are versatile for several wearing occasions and customizable using jibbitz charms.
- Classic platform slide for easy wear
- A 1.2-inch touch of height for a simple style
- Provides iconic crocs 360-degree comfort with lightweight and flexibility
7. Crocs Unisex-Adult Literide 360 Clogs
The Literide 360 clog has very similar features to the 360 sneakers. Inspired by athletics, these innovative crocs take you to a whole new level of comfort and ease.
Working with the revolutionary plush literide foam footbed, these 360 clogs deliver ultimate support and cushioning while keeping it super soft, lightweight and resilient.
A pressure and heat mapping feature is included to provide more support and add to the breathability of the clogs.
The matlite motion uppers match the motion of your foot because of their ability to mimic the flexibility of a knitted fabric.
These dynamic uppers contribute to breathability. And the inclusion of a rubber outsole provides added traction and durability.
You can also use jibbitz charms to personalize these clogs the way you want.
- The Matlite motion uppers coincide with your natural foot movements to give the best fit
- The 360 degrees of plush literide foam offers excellent comfort, support and cushioning
- Pressure and heat mapping features contribute to the support and breathability of the clogs
- The rubber outsole provides a good grip and adds to the durability
Benefits of Wearing Crocs
Diabetes is associated with many foot issues, so wearing the right footwear is crucial to maintain leg health. Many podiatrists and foot professionals recommend crocs as “diabetes friendly”, and here’s why;
Certified By the Us Ergonomic Council and the APMA
The U.S ergonomic council and the American Podiatric Medical Association recognize the design of crocs that deliver health benefits for various foot problems, including diabetes and neuropathy.
Wide Toe Area
Crocs feature a wide sole and toe box. This width is very helpful in eliminating pressure points and friction so that the feet can rest comfortably without any irritation.
The Crocs’ design offers solid arch support. Arch support is essential to evenly distribute the pressure on the feet due to the weight. This support prevents the fascia ligament from being damaged and reduces foot pain.
Crocs Croslite Material
The croslite material is a closed-cell resin that is neither plastic nor rubber. It offers beneficial qualities like softness, lightweight, odor resistance and antibacterial properties. All these qualities are a must for diabetic feet.
Foam Clogs are Lightweight
Lightweight diabetic footwear is a big plus to help with easy and effortless motion. A lightweight nature is often achieved using croslite resin and perforation holes. It also facilitates breathability and contributes to durability.
Easy to Clean
Ensuring a diabetic foot surrounding is clean, hygienic and dry is vital to establish a microbe-free environment to prevent infections.
Are Crocs Good for People With Diabetes?
Being a diabetic means having to choose footwear that can efficiently accomplish what your diabetic feet need.
Although crocs offer some wonderful features and health benefits for diabetic feet, “are crocs good for diabetes?” cannot be answered with a simple yes or no. It has its perks and drawbacks.
And it all boils down to the condition of your diabetic feet. So the short answer is “it depends on the circumstance”. Crocs can be an excellent choice for some people with diabetes, but not necessarily for all.
Crocs are not real orthopedic shoes. They are mass-produced and offer a general fit for most foot sizes and shapes. If you suffer from severe foot complications due to diabetes, we recommend you stick to professionally designed or custom-made orthopedics. In any case, consult your podiatrist to get a clear picture of what’s suitable for your feet.
Related article: Best Shoes for Neuropathy
Crocs for Diabetic Feet: What Do Podiatrists Say?
Although many podiatrists recognize the benefits of crocs, it is not recommended for all-day wear. The design of crocs cannot support or address advanced foot complications related to diabetes.
Crocs for people with diabetes are great for grocery runs, indoor use and other brief errands or outdoor use like garden time or short walks.
Choosing Crocs Suitable for Diabetics
The key features mentioned below will help you choose a pair of crocs that best suits your diabetic feet. Apart from the classic style, many modern models offer more protection and support.
Choose Fully Enclosed Uppers Over Classic Holes
A classic pair of crocs have 13 holes on the toe closure, allowing air circulation for better breathability. Foreign objects like stones, pebbles or sand can get in and cause bruising or wounds. And since people with diabetes have slow healing, these minor injuries can lead to infections that can end up in dangerous complications.
Choose Heel Straps Over Strapless
Using heel straps, you support your feet, ensuring secure steps.
Choose Literide Removable Insoles Over Non-Removable Insoles
Literide insoles are super soft while providing superior cushioning.
Choose Roomy and Wider Crocs Over Narrow Ones
Diabetic footwear has to be non-binding and wide for extra room. The fit of different crocs can vary based on the model. Pick a fit that will avoid pressure points and boost blood flow. A relaxed and roomy fit works for that.
Choose an Outsole With Anti-Slip Threads
Outsoles with anti-slip threads benefit everyone because they provide a reliable grip to prevent falls. Especially helpful for people with diabetes to secure footsteps on slick surfaces.
Related article: Should You Get Crocs or Birkenstocks for Plantar Fasciitis?
Frequently Asked Questions
Suppose you have diabetes and want to wear crocs, then choosing the right pair matters a big deal. Cross-check your specific foot requirements against the features of the crocs you are interested in. That way, you’ll know if those pairs’ will satisfy your feet and address your foot issues.
The crocs we recommend for men and women with diabetes are the bistro pro literide clog and the Neria pro II literide clog, respectively. They offer the best of the features to comfort your diabetes and ease pain.
We hope this review helped you choose the pair for you.
Was this article helpful?
Was this article helpful?