Last Updated on March, 2023
The most affected parts of the body for people who have diabetes are the peripherals. Inflammation and diabetic neuropathy are very common foot problems seen in diabetic patients.
So it is of utmost importance to ensure proper foot care is provided for those sensitive diabetic feet to maintain the patient’s overall health, enabling efficient day-to-day activities.
All that and more can be effectively achieved by wearing diabetic slippers.
Various diabetic slippers from different brands offer multiple features to achieve the same functionality. Since we want the best for you, we’ve come up with nine top best diabetic slippers to make your choice easier.
To make sure your choice is the best for your feet, we’ve also included a brief guide on factors to consider prior to purchasing diabetic slippers.
- Top 9 Best Men and Women Diabetic Slippers
- 1. Orthofeet Hudson Stretchable Orthopedic Slippers (Best for Men)
- 2. Orthofeet Louise Stretch Knit Slippers (Best for Women)
- 3. Propét Cush’ N Foot Extra-Wide (Best for Swollen Feet)
- 4. Silvert’s Double Extra-Wide Slippers (Best for Extra-wide Feet)
- 5. Acorn Women’s Spa Wrap Slippers
- 6. RockDove Men’s Nomad Slippers
- 7. LongBay House Slippers
- 8. Dr. Comfort Therapeutic Slippers
- 9. Men’s Open-Toe Diabetic Recovery Slippers
- What are Diabetic Slippers?
- What to Consider Before Purchasing Diabetic Slippers?
- Comfort & Cushioning
- Sidewall & Interior
- Wide Fit & Adjustability
- The Benefits of Diabetic Slippers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Do Diabetics Need Special Footwear?
- Should Diabetics Wear Shoes All the Time?
- Why are Diabetic Shoes Wide?
- Was this article helpful?
Top 9 Best Men and Women Diabetic Slippers
1. Orthofeet Hudson Stretchable Orthopedic Slippers (Best for Men)
It goes without saying comfort is key to every aspect of human lives. And footwear is one of those essential instances where most people choose comfort over style.
Then imagine how much comfort swollen and achy feet require to ease pain, especially due to diabetes? I have a solid answer to that question.
And it is the Orthofeet Hudson kind of comfort that is required to ease such foot pain.
Orthofeet is known for its ortho-cushion system. And the orthofeet Hudson, specially designed for men, is no exception.
The cushioning sole and the soft, padded fabric interior are the perfect combinations of the ultimate comfort that these slippers offer.
The cushion soles feature a mild rocker to improve the ease of walking while giving you a springy feel. Not only does the soft fabric give you comfort, but it also keeps your sensitive feet irritation free while providing superior protection.
Adding to the comfort, the Orthofeet Hudson integrates premium orthotic insoles with anatomical arch support. This integration works to re-align the foot and entire body posture. As a result, it eases the pain in the foot and heel.
What’s more interesting is that the realignment extends pain relief all the way up to the knees, hips, and lower back. Isn’t that amazing, or what?
The ortho-cushion sole combined with the premium orthotic insoles works wonders to relieve foot and heel pain. The Hudson even features a wide toe box to relieve pressure off swollen feet, bunions, and hammertoes.
While maintaining an effortless slip-on trendy design, all these features and more are offered with a 60-day money-back guarantee. No wonder it made it to the top of our list.
You tell me, Is it not the perfect recipe of comfort you would look for in diabetic footwear?
- Perforated cushion sole and cushioned heel with mild rocker design add comfort and spring to your steps “for that walking on clouds feeling”
- Arch booster and orthotic insoles to relieve foot pain and mobility issues
- Wide toe box to give plenty of space for the toes, specifically catering to bunions, hammertoes, or swollen toes
- Stretchable uppers contour the shape of your feet for a customized fit and ease the pressure off sensitive feet.
- Adjustable strap and removable spacers to provide the perfect fit
- Ergonomic outer sole for better grip
- The orthotic insoles of dryplex and poly U- foam eliminate odor and moisture retention.
2. Orthofeet Louise Stretch Knit Slippers (Best for Women)
Now that we looked at the fantabulous orthofeet Hudson for men, Our female readers must be wondering why they don’t have such an option. I’ve got you covered on that. Well, more like Orthofeet has (wink wink).
The orthofeet Louise stretch knit is what you ladies need if you are looking for ultra-comfort pain relieving diabetic footwear. The integrated premium orthotic insoles, like in Hudson, stand up for the definition of premium.
These insoles are designed with removable anatomical arch support, which aids the alignment of the foot and entire body while alleviating pressure. Meaning it eases walking and keeps overall movement painless.
The perforated cushioning sole with a mild rocker improves your walking and effortlessly syncs with your steps for a springy feel. And the soft padded fabric interior provides superior protection against any irritants. These two features, put together, significantly contribute to the ultimate comfort that these diabetic slippers promise you.
Furthermore, the wide toe box provides a spacious interior for swollen feet, bunions, and hammertoes to alleviate pressure.
Similar to the Hudson, the Louise stretch looks rather dainty from the outside.
Want to know more? All these luxurious features are backed with a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure your satisfaction is the priority.
It is not an understatement to say it is nearly impossible to find a slipper with all the fantastic features of the Louise stretch. Not only me but many podiatrists will definitely support my statement too.
- Arch support promotes stability by correcting mobility issues while relieving painful feet.
- Provides customizability through removable space fitters and adjustable straps
- Wide toe box to accommodate various foot issues without hindering comfort
- Stretch knitted fabric upper contours around the shape of your feet for better fit while easing pressure off sensitive feet.
- The soft padded protective interior keeps feet comfortable and irritant-free.
- The ergonomic sole ensures an efficient grip while walking.
3. Propét Cush’ N Foot Extra-Wide (Best for Swollen Feet)
The Propet Cush’ N Foot edition is available for men and women in multiple colors, sizes, and widths. Many options for you to choose from.
These orthotic-friendly diabetic slippers use double insoles for twice the cushioning.
These insoles are removable to provide more space and accommodate custom orthotics. This, in turn, gives you the much-needed breathability and comfort your swollen feet deserve.
The stretchable outer of the Cush N Foot slippers accommodates deformities like bunions, hammertoes, and other conditions requiring a spacious interior.
The stretchable leatherette, PU, and neoprene panels will ensure your feet stay comfortable and free of any skin irritations.
The neoprene or stretch corduroy upper features a large strap closure for easy slip-in and snug fit.
The outsole made of PU ensures better durability and traction for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The upper exterior is made of neoprene or stretch corduroy featuring a wide hook and loop closure, ensuring the perfect fit and ease of wearing.
- The stretchy upper makes sure to house various foot shapes and toe deformities that require extra space.
- The insole made of breathable open cell PU eliminates any moisture retention to maintain a cool and healthy footbed.
- The double insole provides twice the cushioning effect for extra comfort.
4. Silvert’s Double Extra-Wide Slippers (Best for Extra-wide Feet)
The Silvert’s Double Extra wide unisex diabetic slippers, available in multiple colors, are designed with additional width to house even the most swollen feet and ankles.
The adjustable, easy-touch closure design accommodates different levels of swelling. It also ensures all-around protection for the feet compared to a slip-on while being easy to put on and take it off.
The exterior material of these slippers has a fluid barrier protection feature. This keeps the slippers protected against any fluid spillages and smell retention.
This feature makes this slipper an excellent option for patients suffering from incontinence.
The removable memory foam insole provides fantastic comfort while serving various orthotics for foot and toe deformities.
The outer soles of this diabetic slipper are slip resistant on dry and wet surfaces. All these features come together to deliver a super comfortable quality slipper.
- Wide width entertains various levels of swollen feet
- The fluid barrier protection repels spills and smells
- Memory foam insole to mold the shape of the feet
- Anti-slip outer sole prevents any potential slips or falls
- Easy touch closure ensures effortless use in numerous health conditions
5. Acorn Women’s Spa Wrap Slippers
The Acorn women’s spa wraps are plush-looking velvety soft diabetic slippers giving you blissful comfort.
This diabetic slipper features a contoured footbed with elevated heel and arch support. It takes up the shape of any foot to provide comfort for long wearing and support by relieving the pain of the entire foot.
And the hidden elastic band at the back gives you adjustability, extra support, and an easy slide-inside effect.
The marshmallow soft cushioning working with the softest terry gives you the much deserving pampering your tired feet need. It soothes your feet and eases muscle fatigue by relieving pain and pressure.
This snuggle-worthy cozy slipper has adjustable wraps to give you a perfectly customized fit. Made with durable materials to long last, this versatile slipper is both indoors and outdoors usable. And it is even machine wash friendly. This is the pick if you need a warm hug to keep your feet warm throughout the day.
Available in many chic colors, these slippers resemble the shape of shoes rather than slippers. All these features blend in to deliver a match made in heaven to pamper your feet.
- Contoured footbed with arch support and enhanced heel comfort even during extended wearing.
- The velvety soft terry interior provides blissful comfort to pamper your tired feet.
- The adjustable wraps ensure a custom fit
- Durable outer sole for long-term use
- The hidden elastic bands give extra support to make sure the slipper stays wrapped around the foot
6. RockDove Men’s Nomad Slippers
The RockDove men’s diabetic slippers is a fully covered pull-on footwear.
Made of sherpa fleece fabric, these shoes look like they can give your feet a cozy hug.
And they do just that. But it is definitely noteworthy that these slippers do not employ any animal parts.
Getting back to the cozy hug, the sherpa fleece interior and exterior ensure your feet are always wrapped around in a “cocoon of warmth” while protecting them from potential injuries and intrusions.
The complete closure design with the closed heel ensures the slippers don’t easily slide off when walking or taking the stairs. Since they are made of soft and flexible uppers, you can quickly wear them as a slip-on by stepping on the back. This feature becomes extremely useful if you need to quickly slip on and go.
These diabetic slippers feature a padded midsole that adds a cloud-like feel to your steps. This midsole combines high-density memory foam and two support foams to provide extra cushioning to your feet.
The memory foam insole conforms to the curves of your foot to evenly distribute the pressure. RockDove claims, “Once worn, you’ll never want to take them off; they are that comfortable.” And I AGREE.
The rubber outsole with anti-skid traction allows versatile use. You can wear it both indoors and outdoors. And if it gets dirty during outdoor use, you can chuck it into the washing machine. The sewn-in soles over the glue-on sole add to the durability, making them machine-wash-friendly.
- Memory foam cushioning takes up the shape of the foot and evenly spreads out the stress
- Warm sherpa lining wraps your feet in warmth
- Closed heel design provides all-around protection and comfort
- Versatileoutsole allows wearability on various surfaces
- Machine washability and sewn-in soles make it durable
7. LongBay House Slippers
The LongBay house slippers are available for men and women as a fuji and alps edition, respectively. These house slippers are integrated with many useful features that make them comfortable and functional everyday footwear.
These diabetic slippers include a memory foam insole that takes up the shape of your foot. This leads to even pressure distribution delivering relief from pain.
The soft wool textured knitted fabric on the uppers, and the silky faux bunny fur lining cuddles your feet to keep them warm throughout. Both the fuji and alps feature a hook-and-loop velcro closure to provide adjustable comfort while holding the slippers secure and stable on the foot.
The sturdy non-slip outsole makes it a practical and functional everyday wear suitable indoors and outdoors.
- Knitted fabric and faux fur lining keep the feet protected and warm
- Memory foam dissipates pain and pressure to make your feet feel lighter
- Non-slip outsole ensures reliable traction on both indoor and outdoor surfaces
- Velcro fastening allows adjustability
8. Dr. Comfort Therapeutic Slippers
The Dr. Comfort therapeutic slippers come in two different designs for both men and women.
The men’s slipper has a closed-heel design, while the women’s is an open-heel edition.
Both versions feature gel inserts to deliver comfort. This, combined with the microfiber uppers and fleece lining, provides excellent support and greatly contributes to comfort.
The rubber skid-resistant outsole with the EVA midsole provides a good shock-absorbing ability and prevents slipping when walking.
The soft suede exterior gives a solid finish to the slippers, making them an ideal choice for lounging or walking around the house.
- Gel insoles provide comfort
- Skid-resistant outsoles prevent slips by providing a reliable grip
- The microfiber uppers and fleece lining delivers superior comfort and support
- The protective toe box shields your toes from stubbing
- The use of top-quality materials and construction ensures durability
9. Men’s Open-Toe Diabetic Recovery Slippers
The men’s open-toe diabetic recovery slippers address various foot problems like diabetes, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, edema, swollen feet, lymphedema of the foot, diabetic neuropathy, and cellulitis.
Let’s see how these slippers adapt to address so many issues and more.
These diabetic slippers are made of high-quality breathable material with a soft inner lining to keep the feet warm. Styled as open-toe slippers, they feature a non-binding extra-depth design. The wide and deep toe box working with the soft uppers provides more room and eliminates pressure off bunions or hammertoes.
These diabetic slippers for men integrate a soft, seam-free lining with extra foam padding. This eliminates pressure points to offer ultra-comfort and protection for medical conditions like diabetic feet, neuropathy, and rheumatoid arthritis.
The high-density foam used in the insole gives flexibility to the slippers. This makes walking easier because of the anti-slip protection.
These high-quality slippers feature a heel-to-toe generously padded insole. It provides a lasting cushioning and shock-absorbing advantage. This, in turn, aids in pain relief and shields your underfoot from external pressure or a foot injury.
It has an easy hook and loop closure to allow varying adjustments based on the degree of swelling. If your feet swell, you can loosen the flap to provide extra room. Also, the easy-to-put-on and take-off feature allow the wearer to place the foot on the slipper rather than force it in. This slipper is great as edema house shoes.
The outer rubber soles are designed with a maximum traction grip, providing safety and security on any surface.
- The extra width and roomy toe box accommodate wide feet while providing instant pain and pressure relief for many foot problems.
- Well-made with high-quality materials for protection, comfort, and pain relief.
- The skid-resistant rubber sole makes it suitable for walking on various surfaces
- Easy to put on and off, the design is highly suitable even for those needing assistance while dressing.
- Adjustable velcro closure is adaptable for perfect fit based on foot swell degree.
What are Diabetic Slippers?
Just like diabetic socks, diabetic slippers are SPECIAL footwear designed specifically for patients with diabetes. It is developed to provide ultimate foot care by addressing various foot problems, including inflammation and diabetic neuropathy associated with diabetes.
One of the main motives of a diabetic slipper is to deliver COMFORT. Swollen feet are very common in diabetes. The best diabetic slippers typically combine super soft materials and a seam-free interior to provide a relaxing environment for the feet.
Combining a breathable fabric with a cushioned insole and a non-slip rubber sole delivers superior support to your feet. Supporting your arch and comforting swollen, wide feet reduces swelling by promoting proper blood flow in your feet.
Available in various styles, designs, colors, and widths, it is crucial that you choose the best quality slippers to effectively protect your feet from any external injury while providing comfort and relaxation.
What to Consider Before Purchasing Diabetic Slippers?
The effect of diabetes on your feet will significantly vary for each patient. Choosing the right footwear is very essential to ensure proper foot care. To choose the best diabetic slippers, you need to consider a few factors and features offered by the slippers to make sure it meets specific requirements to comfortably cater to your feet’ complications.
Below are a few factors that are important to consider.
Comfort & Cushioning
The insole should have memory foam, EVA midsole, and/or extra padding for proper cushioning. Removable insoles, arch booster, and arch support provide support to stabilize your feet. With proper comfort and cushioning, your feet will be aligned for better movement.
Sidewall & Interior
Seam-free sidewalls with a super soft interior lining will make sure that your skin doesn’t rub against the walls and cause blisters or hot spots. You can do this by running your fingers along the smoothly lined walls to ensure the seams have a perfect finish and won’t cause any abrasions or irritations.
Choose a rubber sole with anti-slip or skid resistance for better traction and grip. This will prevent falls and allow you to efficiently walk on various surfaces.
Wide Fit & Adjustability
A reinforced, wide, and/or extra-depth toe box is essential to protect your toes from impact and provide a roomy environment for your toes to relax, especially if you are suffering from toe deformities like bunions or hammertoes.
A velcro or hook and loop closure will enable the housing of different degrees of swelling while allowing easy on and off.
The Benefits of Diabetic Slippers
The benefits of diabetic footwear include;
- Promotes better circulation
- Relieves diabetic foot pain, swelling, and numbness
- Provides maximum comfort
- Protects against external injuries by absorbing pressure
- Prevents the formation of calluses and ulcers
- Prevents skin irritation and breakdown
- Support better motion control by improving foot stability and function
- Reduces shock (vertical pressure) and shear (horizontal friction)
Frequently Asked Questions
A pair of good-quality diabetic slippers will soothe your tired and swollen feet while delivering much-deserved comfort and relaxation. It also offers support to improve balance and stability issues and protection to prevent any injuries. In turn, all these benefits together boost the blood circulation in your feet to keep your feet healthy.
If we are to recommend the best diabetic slippers for you, no doubt it is the Orthofeet Hudson for men and Orthofeet Louise for women. With so many years of industry experience, Orthofeet knows exactly what your feet need. And many foot surgeons, podiatrists, and diabetic specialists recommend Orthofeet for this reason.
Wearing the right footwear is important to reduce the risk of developing major complications.
We hope you benefited from this review in choosing the best diabetic slippers for your feet.
Was this article helpful?
Was this article helpful?