Last Updated on March, 2023
For most people, a pair of sandals is a must-have as an easy-breezy option that is comfortable and stylish. I’m sure people with peripheral neuropathy also feel the same way despite most of them needing special footwear to combat their foot issues.
Taking care of neuropathic feet is vital for their overall health. So they can’t wear just any sandals that are available in the market.
Well, since we live in the modern world and all, this issue is obviously addressed. And there are sandals specialized in catering to foot issues associated with peripheral neuropathy and diabetic neuropathy.
To make you aware of your options, we’ve developed a rated list of the best neuropathy sandals so that you can make an informed decision based on what your feet need.
- Top 7 Best Neuropathy Sandals
- 1. Orthofeet Cambria (Best for Men)
- 2. Orthofeet Malibu Two-Way Strap (Best for Women)
- 3. Orthofeet Unisex Walking Sandals for Diabetics (For Outdoor and Hiking)
- 4. Birkenstock Essentials Unisex Arizona EVA Sandal
- 5. Propét Men’s Vero Slide Sandal
- 6. Propét Women’s TravelActiv Ss Sport Sandal
- 7. MEJORMEN Women’s Extended Width Diabetic Sandals
- Are Sandals Good for People With Neuropathy?
- A Buyer’s Guide for Neuropathy Sandals
- Comfortable and Flexible Insoles
- Protective Interior
- Non-Binding, Stretchable, And Adjustable Upper and Closure
- Deep and Wide Toe Box
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Sandals are Good for Neuropathy?
- Is it Okay to Walk Barefoot With Neuropathy?
- How Can I Walk Better With Neuropathy?
- Was this article helpful?
Top 7 Best Neuropathy Sandals
1. Orthofeet Cambria (Best for Men)
Orthofeet, without a doubt, is always our first pick to help with neuropathy. So we’ve picked the Orthofeet Cambria sandals as the best for men, and let’s see why?
The Orthofeet Cambria sandals use premium orthotic insoles with an arch booster and removable anatomical arch support. These insoles work to readjust the foot and body posture that causes pain. Readjusting the form helps relieve foot and heel pain, and this ease of pain helps improve mobility issues.
Working in sync with the orthotic insole, the cushioning sole absorbs external impacts to prevent it from reaching your feet or lower back. This adds a springy feel to your steps and gives you the comfort you need while shielding you from the shock.
The firm heel counter and ergonomic soles with mild rocker keep your footing stable to control overpronation. This eases walking and foot motion while the orthotic insoles and cushioning soles ease your pain and provide the comfort your feet deserve.
The protective interior uses a soft fabric and foam-padded lining that helps prevent friction due to skin rubbing. It offers superior protection and comfort for peripheral neuropathy and diabetic neuropathy. And soft, non-binding uppers eliminate pressure points to keep the sandals comfortable.
The wide toe box with extra depth offers a relaxed fit and plenty of space for toe movement. And the rubber outsole provides reliable traction to help with mobility issues.
All these amazing features are backed up by the Orthofeet 60-day comfort guarantee so that you also get a chance to experience Orthofeet’s innovative pain relief technology that keeps you walking comfortably and pain-free.
- Premium orthotic insoles provide the support to realign foot and body posture to alleviate pain
- Cushioning sole provides comfort and adds aspiring to your steps
- Soft, padded fabric interior keeps skin irritation free
- Soft leather upper provides a non-binding fit
- The wide toe box allows wiggle room and is spacious to house toe deformities
- Two -way strap system makes it easy to wear
- Rubber outsole gives an advanced grip
2. Orthofeet Malibu Two-Way Strap (Best for Women)
We chose the Orthofeet Malibu as the best neuropathy sandals for women. These diabetic sandals are very similar to the men’s Cambria reviewed above.
The many fantastic features offered by these sandals work in sync to ease the pain of neuropathic feet and comfort swollen feet. Orthofeet also offers their signature 60-day comfort guarantee for this diabetic sandal as well.
The protective interior of these diabetic sandals features a soft fabric with a foam-padded lining. The top-quality interior and its stretchable nature ensure no bruising or skin irritation will occur due to friction.
It also keeps neuropathic and diabetic feet comfortable and protected while the soft and non-binding uppers eliminate pressure points that can cause foot pain.
The premium orthotic insoles and the cushioning soles mainly target the comfort and support of your foot. The support provided helps improve the arch of flat feet and reduce the pressure of the foot base. This, in turn, controls pronation and eases heel and foot pain, leading to better balance and stabilized movement.
Additionally, the wide and deep toe box with ergonomic soles and the strap system provides a reliable foot base surface. This allows the feet to gain a relaxed fit with excellent stability that eases walking and foot motion.
- Premium orthotic insoles deliver the ultimate support required to realign your feet to improve pain
- Cushioning soles dissipates shocks to ease walking
- A protective interior eliminates irritation and maintains a comfortable environment for the feet
- Wide soles and toe box allow wide feet to rest comfortably even with toe deformities like bunions and hammertoes
- Rubber outsole provides advanced grip and stability
- The two-way strap system allows easy on and off, even for those who need assistance in getting dressed
3. Orthofeet Unisex Walking Sandals for Diabetics (For Outdoor and Hiking)
The Orthofeet Verona for women and the Orthofeet Alpine for men are great diabetic footwear ideal for outdoor use and hiking. These sandals maintain a stylish look while giving you the protection your feet need.
The premium orthotic insoles, the cushioning heel, and the ergonomic sole work together to ease foot pain by alleviating pressure. The insoles with arch support and arch booster help realign the foot form. This controls pronation and relieves foot and heel pain while helping with balance issues.
Meanwhile, the cushioning soles will absorb shocks from reaching your feet while providing a pillow soft base for your feet to rest. And the ergonomic soles sync with your natural foot motion to make walking easy.
The wide toe box, the protective interior, and the breathable, adjustable, and soft leather upper ensure comfort, protection, ventilation, and a non-binding fit. This gives a friction-free interior that allows a relaxed and comfortable fit by eliminating pressure points, especially to cater to bunions or hammertoes.
- Premium orthotic insoles alleviate pain by supporting your arch
- The soft padded interior provides a comfortable surrounding for the feet
- Cushioning soles add spring to your steps
- A stretchable upper with adjustable straps allow a customized and relaxed fit
- A wide toe box allows your toes to rest freely
4. Birkenstock Essentials Unisex Arizona EVA Sandal
The Birkenstock strappy sandals are unisex and come in various colors to suit your mood. Made of EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate), these sandals have a very elegant and effortless design, like flip-flops, that will suit most indoor and outdoor activities.
These sandals have a roomy toe area to allow natural movement of your toes. This, in turn, helps promote better balance and foot alignment. The raised toe bar encourages the natural gripping of your foot. This will exercise your legs to stimulate circulation.
The contoured footbed takes up the shape of your foot to evenly distribute the weight and improve better posture. And the deep heel cups the heel and keeps it cushioned right under the heel bone.
- Roomy toe area embraces toe deformities and keeps it comfortable
- Raised toe bar works to improve circulation in the feet
- A deep heel cup keeps the foot secure and in place
- The contoured footbed dissipates pressure for better posture
5. Propét Men’s Vero Slide Sandal
The Propet men’s sandal is a classic slide-on with a waxy nubuck leather upper that features a neoprene lining.
This quality finish ensures durability and comfort.
The insole is made of an EVA footbed with microfiber sock lining to provide a soft, water-repelling interior that keeps the feet dry and clean.
The thermal rubber polyurethane outsoles are ergonomically crafted for all-day support, which makes them long-lasting and sturdy.
And the two adjustable velcro straps on the forefoot ensure easy step-in and secure fit.
- The waxy nubuck upper for a durable and classic look
- The EVA footbed with microfiber lining gives comfort and eliminates moisture
- Hook and loop straps make it easy to wear and adjust
- The PU outsole adds durability and support
6. Propét Women’s TravelActiv Ss Sport Sandal
The Propet women’s TravelActiv is a slick-styled sandal that is perfect for enjoying the summer.
These sandals offer soft uppers with full mesh coverage to keep the feet well-ventilated and protected simultaneously. It also contributes to the lightweight nature of the sandals while providing great support for the foot.
The insole integrates an EVA footbed with a microfiber lining. This provides extra cushioningand superior comfort.
The rubber sole combined with EVA is lightweight and shock-absorbent. The deep tread pattern on the outsole provides reliable traction on various surfaces.
- Full coverage upper with an adjustable heel strap to offer support and protection
- EVA insole with microfiber lining to relieve stress and keep feet dry
- The rubber outsole for lasting wear and ergonomy
7. MEJORMEN Women’s Extended Width Diabetic Sandals
The stylish Mejormen diabetic sandal is specially designed to ease the stress and foot fatigue of people suffering from neuropathic or diabetic pain. These sandals offer some wonderful features to offer the best comfort.
Featuring memory foam, support foams, anti-shock TPR and air cushion as the insoles, these neuropathy sandals provide ample padding to dissipate the pressure on the foot soles. The removable insole combined with the adjustable closure feature makes it easier to achieve a customized fit even for swollen and wide feet.
The elastic and breathable mesh upper makes it comfortable to wear throughout summer and the rubber outsoles used on these sandals are skid resistant and flexible to allow natural foot movement and improve stability.
- Cushioned insole with air cushioning, spacers, and an arch support provides ultimate comfort
- Breathable mesh upper to keep the interior ventilated and smooth on the skin.
- Skid-resistant sole to improve stability and elasticity of foot motion
- Adjustable closure to accommodate various foot shapes and provide a relaxed fit
Are Sandals Good for People With Neuropathy?
Absolutely! As long as you choose the right pair that will satisfy the needs of your feet, sandals work just fine for people with neuropathy. Besides, neuropathy sandals are specifically designed to cater to various foot issues like numbness, sharp pain, and tingling sensation involved with neuropathy.
The features offered by this specialized footwear include a foam padded footbed, memory foam, wide and deep toe area, and soft, smooth, and seamless interior with top quality finish work to keep neuropathic feet protected from external injuries and relieve stress off the painful legs.
A Buyer’s Guide for Neuropathy Sandals
To buy the best neuropathy sandals for your feet, paying attention to the following qualities will help;
Comfortable and Flexible Insoles
Multi-layered insoles, with arch support and arch booster providing shock absorbency, are very important to reduce foot pain while giving the extra comfort and protection your feet need. Arch support is crucial in improving comfort and mobility issues because it will support your posture to reduce pain all the way down from your lower back.
A seamless interior with a soft or foam-padded lining eliminates pressure points and bruising due to friction.
Moisture-wicking or microfiber fabric will help maintain a dry and hygienic environment.
Non-Binding, Stretchable, And Adjustable Upper and Closure
The shape of each of our feet is different. A sandal with a non-binding fit, stretchable upper, and adjustable strap will allow you to customize the sandal to satisfy your foot shape so that your feet can rest comfortably. It will also ensure friction and pressure-free comfort fit while giving you reliable support and traction for natural foot movement.
Deep and Wide Toe Box
A deep toe box will give plenty of wiggle room, especially if you have bunions, hammertoes, or swollen feet. It alleviates pressure off the feet and enhances blood circulation.
You can also find a good Neuropathy Shoe with this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wearing the right pair of sandals for neuropathy makes a huge difference in relieving stress and easing the pain of neuropathy. And exploring the features offered by each sandal will help you figure out what works best for you and your feet.
Keeping that in mind, we confidently nominate the Orthofeet Cambria and the Orthofeet Malibu as the best sandals for neuropathy.
We hope this review was useful in helping you choose the best sandals for your neuropathic feet.
Was this article helpful?
Was this article helpful?