We’ll take a look at what metabolic eating is all about, and whether it’s a solution you should consider. I’ll then take you through the how and why Metabolic Factor helps you to lose weight. Then I’ll tell you about the Metabolic Cookbook, and why it’s a great alternative to Metabolic Factor.
- What is Metabolism-Boosting?
- Is a Metabolic-Boosting Diet for Me?
- So, What Is Metabolic Factor?
- How Does Metabolic Factor Work?
- IGF-1, The Youth Hormone
- Health Foods and Exercise Won’t Help
- What You Get in Metabolic Factor
- Is Metabolic Factor Worth It? (Is Metabolic Factor Scam?
- Try Metabolic Cooking by Karine Losier and Dave Ruel (Cheap Metabolic Factor Alternatives)
- Metabolic Cooking versus Metabolic Factor Program
- Cons of Metabolic Factor
- Metabolic Cooking is Straight-Forward
- Easy, Tasty Recipes Backed By Science
- What’s Inside Metabolic Cookbook
- Was this article helpful?
What is Metabolism-Boosting?
Your body burns calories constantly to keep itself functioning. How many calories you burn and where they come from (carbs, fat, or protein) depends on a lot of factors. Genetics, age, exercise, what you eat, and many other things play a role.
A metabolic-boosting diet ramps up your metabolic rate, so you burn more calories, even when at rest. It also gets your body to burn fat rather than carbs. This is why it can help you to lose weight and look better.
Is a Metabolic-Boosting Diet for Me?
The truth is that not everyone needs to boost their metabolism. Some lucky people naturally burn through whatever they eat, never needing to worry about excess pounds.
And if you do need to lose weight, exercise can be a great way to do it. There are even dietary supplements that can boost your body’s fat-burning capacity, whether you’re exercising or not.
A metabolic-boosting diet isn’t the only way to lose weight. But, if:
- You constantly feel tired and have low energy levels
- You have an injury or health condition that limits your ability to exercise
- You need to lose weight fast
- You’ve tried other diets, but the weight keeps coming back
- You have a lot of weight to lose
Then a metabolic-boosting diet can be a great solution for you. Of course, if you have any health conditions, it’s better to discuss with your doctor first before trying Metabolic Factor (or any other diet program).
So, What Is Metabolic Factor?
In a nutshell, this is a 22-day metabolic-boosting diet program designed by Dr. Johny Bowden. It is designed to kick-start your metabolism and teach your body to burn fat instead of storing it.
There are many metabolic diet programs out there, and not all of them are worth your while. Metabolic Factor, however, is based on sound research. The author, Dr. Johny Bowen, is a certified nutritionist and qualified psychologist. His decades of experience helping clients lose weight are packed into this program.
How Does Metabolic Factor Work?
This program bases on the fact that you can naturally boost your body’s metabolism by eating the right foods at the right time. It controls your regular carb intake and encourages you to eat healthy fats. You also get carb-rich cheat meals to prevent your body from going into ‘starvation mode’ and storing fat.
IGF-1, The Youth Hormone
The backbone of Metabolic Factor is IGF-1. In simple terms, IGF-1 is a youth hormone, responsible for growing several of the body’s organs. It is also responsible for boosting fat burn in the body.
As you grow older, IGF-1 levels in your body go down. But there is a way to bring the levels back up using food, and this is what Metabolic Factor is all about. Metabolic Factor teaches you that it’s not about removing all your favorite foods from your diet. Rather, it’s about knowing when to eat them.
Health Foods and Exercise Won’t Help
Metabolic Factor also claims that several so-called health foods are actually bad for you. They can badly slow your metabolic rate down instead of encouraging your body to burn through those calories.
And Dr. Bowden also claims that exercise is not the best way to achieve that weight loss you’ve been looking for. He actually tells you that if you’re not already exercising when you start on Metabolic Factor, then you should wait until after those first 22 days to start.
What You Get in Metabolic Factor
- Metabolic Factor Quiz: This quiz is 100% free, and you can take it here. It will ask you several questions about your food and exercise habits, then ask you for an email where you want to receive your free report.
- The Quick Start Guide: This is less of a guide and more of a summary of the entire eBook. It’s a high-level overview of what to expect from the book, but it does have some value. You can already start the diet after reading this guide, even if you haven’t gone through the rest of the eBook.
- The Metabolic Factor Blueprint: This is 115 pages of information on metabolism and how it can work for you. It explains how to follow the diet plan, but it’s much more than that. It’s an in-depth manual of the science behind Metabolic Factor.
- Learn which foods boost metabolism, and which slow it down
- It’s all about eating the right foods at the right time
- You can have cheat meals full of carbs
- Exercises to avoid because they slow your metabolism down
The Metabolic Factor quiz, quick-start guide, and blueprint are the basis of the eBook. But Dr. Johny Bowden throws in some bonuses to sweeten the deal:
- 10-Minute Meals: these are quick, easy-to-prepare meals designed to work for the whole family. Most of these take 10 minutes or less to toss together and are tasty enough even for kids to enjoy.
- Metabolic Factor Progress Tracker: This is a little calendar that you can use to track your daily progress. You can measure fat loss from specific parts of your body.
- Motivation Emails: The author uses his training and experience as a psychologist to send you motivational info every day throughout your 22-day program to keep you pushing forward.
- Weekly Coaching Calls: These are not actual one-on-one phone calls with Dr. Bowden. Rather, you get access to four motivational pre-recorded coaching calls, one each week.
Is Metabolic Factor Worth It? (Is Metabolic Factor Scam?
Just like every diet plan, Metabolic Factor has some good points about it. Some of what I like the most about it:
- Even if you don’t lose weight, this diet includes lots of healthy foods that will do wonders for your skin, hair, and overall health.
- You can get a printed version of the program if you don’t like digital stuff
- It has a lot of useful information on metabolism, so you can learn which foods are the healthiest and why
- If you’re one of those people that enjoys motivational stuff, you’ll get plenty of emails from the author to help you on your weight-loss journey
- The recipes in the book use common, easy-to-find ingredients
- No calorie counting. If you’re anything like me, having to count all those calories quickly puts me off of trying to diet. Metabolic Factor doesn’t ask you to do that and just allows you to focus on eating the right foods.
- Not a Fad Diet: Metabolic Factor isn’t keto, paleo, or whatever else happens to be in at the moment. Yes, it will lower your overall carb intake, but it sticks to a healthy way to eat.
- A 60-day money-back guarantee allows you to try the program for yourself before deciding if it’s really worth your while.(2)
But there are some not-so-great things about Metabolic Factor too, and this is why I opted for another metabolic-boosting diet instead.
- Most recipes are based on meat. If you’re a vegetarian, or otherwise don’t want to eat a lot of meat, this book doesn’t give you much opportunity.
- The claim that you don’t need exercise is strange. Yes, it’s scientifically proven that nutrition is the biggest part of how fat or lean we are. But no matter how perfect your diet, you’ll never get those beautifully toned muscles if you don’t exercise.
- The 10-minute recipes aren’t really 10 minutes. Many of the recipes in this bonus guide take a fair amount of more than 10 minutes to prep. On the bright side, there is some variety here.
- It’s not as easy as it claims to be. The author claims that this program doesn’t require any willpower. Wrong. Metabolic Factor may be less restrictive than some other diets, but it’s still a diet. It means a lifestyle change, and you won’t be able to eat some of your favorite foods.
- Rather expensive. Metabolic Factor makes it sound like it’s giving you so much information, and in some ways, it does. But it’s real value is in the lessons on metabolism it gives, as its recipe selection isn’t the largest or best around. And folks like me that don’t much care for all the pep talk would rather leave out the motivational ‘bonuses’ in favor of a lower price tag.
If you’re like me and are looking at Metabolic Factor but wondering whether there’s a better, cheaper alternative, there is. There’s a great metabolic diet program that cuts straight to the chase and gets you eating tasty and eating right to burn the fat off.
Try Metabolic Cooking by Karine Losier and Dave Ruel (Cheap Metabolic Factor Alternatives)
If you don’t have a lot of time to read through this detailed review, you can go straight to Metabolic Cooking and dive in.
Let me share my story and tell you how Metabolic Cooking is what finally worked for me.
I’m not really one of those people that had a lot of weight to lose. I exercise regularly, and I was reasonably fit. But I had those stubborn pockets of fat, especially around my hips and waist, that just wouldn’t go.
Now I’ve tried all sorts of exercise programs, from training for a 10K marathon to 60-day military boot camps. I even tried fat-burning supplements. Yes, there was an improvement in overall fitness, but that excess fat just wouldn’t go away.
And I’m not really a junk eater either. Actually, I was drinking plenty of water and eating quite healthy. Or at least I thought I was eating quite healthy. So what was I doing wrong?
One day it just hit me. If all that exercise hadn’t done the trick, maybe it was my diet. Maybe I was just eating the wrong stuff or the right stuff in the wrong amounts.
Metabolic Cooking versus Metabolic Factor Program
When I finally discovered metabolic dieting, I was intrigued and started researching the topic. Somebody at work mentioned they’d read about Metabolic Factor, so I checked it out. But a few things put me off.
Cons of Metabolic Factor
- A lot of material to read: yes, I get it, knowing how the science behind the diet works is great. But I’m happy with the basics explained on Metabolic Factor’s website. I’m busy, and I don’t want to spend hours and hours reading more. I just want to get into the diet and get started.
- I don’t need all that motivational stuff. I’m more of the go-it-alone type, and all I want is good hard facts. I don’t really want those emails and calls, especially since I pay more because they’re part of the program.
- The recipe selection isn’t all that big. I’m not a vegetarian, but meat is still not a big part of my diet. Most of the recipes in Metabolic Factor program have meat in them. That leaves a rather small selection if meat is not your thing.
- Metabolic Factor is rather expensive. Sure, it gives a good read on what metabolism is and how it works. But if it’s the recipes you’re looking for, you won’t get the best value for money with this book.
Then I met a friend I hadn’t seen in a few weeks, and she was looking much leaner than I remembered her. She was positively radiating good health, despite sitting and eating a burger and fries with me.
How? I asked. Her answer was Metabolic Cooking. She had been on the program for only three weeks, and she was looking like a superstar. And she certainly wasn’t feeling stressed or hungry.
Metabolic Cooking is Straight-Forward
Now, you’re probably busy enough as it is and don’t have time to spend in the kitchen learning gourmet-level cooking techniques. And I’m guessing you don’t want to hassle with crazy ingredient lists either. You just want healthy, fat-burning, tasty meals that you can easily prepare for your whole family.
If you’re looking for a no-nonsense cookbook that will give you ready-made, hassle-free meals that don’t cost an arm and a leg, Metabolic Cooking is for you.
Easy, Tasty Recipes Backed By Science
The main author of the book, Karine Losier, is more than just a chef. She also has a passion for fitness and holds a Master’s degree in psychology. She challenged herself to create tasty recipes that actually work to boost your metabolism, yet are realistic and easy to prepare.
And all her recipes follow a simple but effective 3-step fat-burning protocol. No need to read pages and pages of info to understand what’s going on.
- Metabolic Nutri Profile. Food combinations and the time of day you eat them is what affects how fast or slow your metabolism is. The Metabolic Cookbook has an easy-to-understand profile system that tells you which recipes are fat-burning-friendly and at what time. No complicated math or guesswork.
- Metabolic Adaptation Phenomenon: Food Cycling. If you constantly eat the same foods, your body will adapt, and your metabolism slows down. The Metabolic Cookbook recipes automatically vary your recipes to include new ingredients that prevent metabolic slowdown,
- Thermocharged Fat Burning Ingredients. All the top fat-burning foods and food combinations are listed for you here. No need to guess when you’re picking ingredients for your meals, even if you have your own recipe.
What’s Inside Metabolic Cookbook
There are lots of reasons to love the Metabolic Cookbook. Here’s what the full package gives you:
- Over 250 fat-torching recipes, quick and easy to prepare
- Built-in nutritional system
- List of top fat-burning foods
- 10 cooking and nutrition rules for permanent weight loss
- How to beat metabolic adaptation
- How to create your own fat-burning recipes
- How to manage your food budget and meal preparation
- Great cooking resources like shopping lists and food logs
- Fat loss optimizer guide
- How to make metabolic salads and dressings
- How to make fat-burning seasonings
- Metabolic Cooking quick sheets: recipe finder, conversion chart, shopping lists and much more
And best of all, Metabolic Cookbook is affordable. But hey, if you still have reservations, no worries. It comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee. What’s not to like?
If you want to try metabolic dieting, then I’d say go for the Metabolic Cooking. It’s a simple, affordable approach to permanent weight loss. You’ll get results quickly without buying expensive ingredients and spending hours in the kitchen.
Metabolic Cookbook has over 250 delicious recipes for all tastes, but best of all, it teaches you how to build your own. You’ll learn just which foods to combine and at what time of day to eat them so you can turn your body into a fat-burning machine. The recipes in this book are so easy and tasty, and your kids and family will love them too.
Was this article helpful?
Was this article helpful?